KS4 Studio Curriculum Implementation
Students in Key Stage 4 (Years 10 and 11) study a range of subjects to help to prepare them for employment and an apprenticeship on completion of their studies or the opportunity to continue in the Sixth Form.
The curriculum has two key elements which are:
- The Core Options, where students will study five GCSEs: English Literature, English Language, Maths and Double Science. Click here for more information on the core options.
- The Studio specific vocational qualifications, for which students may opt for two of the following BTEC/Level 2 qualifications in:
- Construction Or
- Hospitality & Catering
- Health & Social Care
Plus one further BTEC or GCSE subject option from:
- Sport Studies
- Physical Education
- Creative iMedia (Year 11 2022-23)
- Digital Information Technology (Year 10 2022-23)
- Business Studies (Year 11 2022-23)
- History (Year 11 2022-23)
- Geography (Year 10 2022-23)
- Textiles (Year 11 2022-23)
See the link at the bottom of the page for more information on the Studio specific options.
3. Fortnightly Work Experience with an employer in a role which reflects individuals’ ambitions or interests as well as an employability programme when students are not out on placement.
Students in the Studio School undertake work experience every fortnight on a B Wednesday. The dates for the next term are as follows:
14th December, 11th January, 25th January, 8th February, 1st March, 15th March, 29th March
Employability and Work Experience
Cheshire Studio School's curriculum is supported by an extensive employability programme to help prepare students for the working world, be it an apprenticeship on completion of their studies or full-time employment. Besides work experience, the employability programme includes visits to local employers e.g. Kier Construction; Manchester Airport; Events Organisers and Care Homes. Network Rail, Barclays, Manchester Airport Group, Total Finance and the Hut Group have all led employer workshops with students. Students benefit from bespoke careers guidance and support and working closely with a range of businesses who deliver workshops on specific areas of expertise. For further information on Careers take a look at the Careers Page.
English Curriculum Maps
Curriculum Map for Maths
KS4 Curriculum Maps for Science
KS4 Cheshire Studio Curriculum Maps