Student Support Team
The Student Support Team act as a support to both students and parents and are often seen as an access route to through to other services or support. If you, your child or your family experience any difficulties that impact on their education then please contact one of the key members of staff working with your child.
During the current period of lockdown we are also able to offer parent/carer webinars through our partners Visyon, these are intended to offer information and ideas to help you in supporting your child with understanding and managing their emotions and wellbeing.
Visyon Parent Webinar Information - Spring 2021
Listed below are a number of staff through whom you could access additional support for your child.
Your son/daughter’s form tutor is pivotal in supporting them in school. The form tutor meets your child daily and in most instances also delivers the PHSCE curriculum on a weekly basis.
We encourage parents and students to see the form tutor as the first point of contact for any concerns. You can either contact form tutors via the student planner or via email. All the tutors emails are the same starting with their staff initials and then continuing with @knutsfordacademy.org.uk.
As you will be aware your son/daughter is in a year group and has a Head of Year who will have an overview of their attendance and academic progress. If you wish to contact your child’s Head of Year then their contact details are listed below.
- Head of Year 7: Ryan Acton: email@example.com
- Head of Year 8: David Cole: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Head of Year 9: David Middleton: email@example.com
- Head of Year 10: Hazel Weigh: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Head of Year 11: Rosie Knowles: email@example.com
- Head of Year 10 & 11 Cheshire Studio School: Andy Mason: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Head of Sixth Form: Knutsford Academy: Sarah Kirkham: email@example.com
- Head of Sixth Form: Cheshire Studio School: May Hawkins: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Support Team
The School is also fortunate to have an experienced bespoke team of non-teaching staff who are able to offer support. These staff are again available through their emails.
- Student Support Manager: Clare Storrow: email@example.com
- Student Support: Ashleigh Jones: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Behaviour Support Manager: Emily Hutchinson: email@example.com
- SENCO: Jill Lewins: lewinsJ@knutsfordacademy.org.uk
If you have concerns that need a rapid response then please contact the school reception on 01565 633294 and they will attempt to direct you to an appropriate member of staff.